Are you looking for the BEST Shopify apps that will overhaul your store’s growth and take your business to the next level?
We know that your revenue can’t grow without the right tools, so we’ve done a ton of research to find your must-have Shopify apps to increase sales.
These apps will help boost your store and make more money for you. So, no matter your goals, we have the apps for you!
And many of them are free!
Since this is such an in-depth post, we’ve broken up our apps by function, so you can easily find what you are looking for:
- Email Marketing
- Sales Channels
- Customer Service
- Products and Inventory
- Payment Plans
Then, at the end of the post, we’ll share a few tips on what to look for in ANY Shopify app you choose.
Ready to get started? Let’s jump straight into the list.
41 Best Shopify Apps to Use Today
You may be wondering, “What apps should I get for Shopify?”
In our list, we have a nice mix of the essential Shopify apps along with the ones that will make your store stand out.
Oh, and most of them are free (although a few are paid).
That said, they all have the same goal in mind: growing one or more aspects of your business. Ready to see the list? Let’s get started.
Best Shopify Apps for Conversion Optimization
First, let’s start with the must-have Shopify apps to promote your store.
OptinMonster is the best Shopify app to convert your visitors into customers.
No matter what conversions you want from your store, OptinMonster makes it incredibly easy to implement them in Shopify. With OptinMonster, you can drive more email newsletter signups, reduce shopping cart abandonment, increase overall sales and revenue, and more!
It lets you create stunning on-site marketing campaigns like popups, sticky floating bars, countdown timers, and more. With OptinMonster’s powerful personalization and targeting display rules, you can show the right campaign offer, to the right person, at the right time.
- Reduce cart abandonment: With Exit-Intent® Technology, you can offer your abandoning visitors one last custom-tailored offer before they leave your site. That way, you can improve lead retention and turn them into customers.
- Increase conversions and sales: Create upsell, downsell, or cross-sell offers to boost your customers’ average order value (AOV).
- Show targeted promotions: Show free shipping bars, share discount codes, promote flash sales, and more based on referral source, geo-location, previous on-site behavior, user’s device, etc.
- Targeted offers: Use what you already know about your visitors to run OnSite Retargeting® campaigns and improve conversions.
- Grow your email list: Integrate with your favorite email marketing, content management, and CRM platforms to automate your business.
Pricing: The pricing plans start at $5/month for up to 2,500 sessions!
If you’re serious about jumpstarting your eCommerce business growth, then get started with OptinMonster today!
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
TrustPulse works to leverage social proof and builds trust with visitors to your site by showing a small popup notification of real-time activity other users have taken while on your site.
Shoppers are more likely to trust recommendations from other shoppers over advertisers (92% more likely, in fact!) when making purchasing decisions.
With TrustPulse, you can use actual activity from real people to build trust and increase your site conversions by up to 15%.
- Real-time event tracking for purchases, demo registrations, email lists signups, and more
- Smart targeting to boost conversions using advanced targeting rules and timing controls
- “On fire” notifications to show how many people are taking action in a given period
- Flexible design options to match your site’s branding
- Actionable analytics to get the stats you need to boost conversions
- Easy setup on any website with no coding needed
Pricing: The pricing plans start at $5/month for up to 2,500 sessions!
PushEngage is a push notification Shopify app that increases sales by letting you send custom notifications to your visitors. That way you can combat cart abandonment, re-engage with users when they’re on the site, and ultimately drive more traffic.
People are more likely to sign up for push notifications since they don’t have to share personal information, like an email or phone number, to opt in.
The best thing is that you can easily install PushEngage with one click.
- Customizable optin display trigger rules show your message at the right time to maximize signups
- Flexible design options so you can personalize each push notification
- The automated cart abandonment function makes it easier to remind customers of their incomplete purchases
- Audience segmentation lets you target subscribers based on a variety of factors like device type, location, pages viewed, and more
- Analytic to guide you in future campaigns
Pricing: PushEngage has a free plan for up to 200 subscribers and 30 campaigns to help you get started. The pricing plans start at $9/month for up to 100K subscribers!
PushOwl is a push notification service that creates notifications to remind customers to complete their purchases or make new orders.
These notifications can be sent across different devices, including desktop, tablet, and mobile.
This tool also comes with cross-channel support, unlimited subscribers, and powerful analytics so you can optimize your campaigns for higher results.
- Mobile-friendly functionality lets you send notifications to subscribers’ phones without requiring a mobile app
- Analytics like revenue, high selling products, and tracking impressions help guide your marketing plan
- Automation rules like cart abandonment, shipping alerts, and inventory updates keep customers informed and engaged
Pricing: PushOwl has a basic plan that gives you 500 impressions per month. To unlock more impressions and other features, you need to upgrade to a paid plan. They start at $19/month.
5. Lucky Orange
Lucky Orange helps you increase conversions by understanding how your customers experience your Shopify store.
This tool bundle includes session recording and heatmaps to see how customers interact with your site.
As a result, you can glimpse what pages they land on and everywhere they go until they make a purchase.
- Full replays of an active user’s session help you figure out what works and what doesn’t on your site
- Session filtering helps you study recordings from the audience you are most interested in, like new visitors, returning visitors, operating system, cart value, and more
- Optimize user experience by seeing where there are dropoffs in your funnel
- See which forms have the most abandonment with form analytics
Pricing: Lucky Orange has a free plan for 1 website and 500 pageviews/month. Paid plans that open up more pageviews start at $10/month.
Jebbit is a quiz-building tool for your Shopify store. Which may leave you wondering, “why is it on a list for Shopify apps that help with conversions?”
That’s because quizzes can be incredibly powerful for engaging with your audience and learning more about your customers.
With the data (and leads) you get from these fun quizzes, you’ll get a deeper understanding of what makes your customers “tick.” As a result, you can improve your copywriting and create more persuasive messaging.
- Quiz templates help you get started with ease
- Complete customization allows you to stay true to your brand
- Integrates with other popular platforms like Hubspot, Facebook, and Google Tag Manager
Pricing: Jebbit has a free account with 1,000 total quiz engagements and one live quiz. Paid plans start at $56/month for 500 engagements/month.
Best Email Marketing Shopify Apps
These add-ons give you the tools to create email campaigns that increase your Shopify sales.
7. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is one of the largest email marketing services to create eye-catching emails to help you stay connected with your customers.
In addition, Constant Contact’s Shopify plugin lets you personalize emails based on purchase history and view how much revenue your emails are driving.
Plus, you can drag and drop your products from your store directly into your emails.
- Email segmentation allows you to target specific customers
- Analytics show your open rates, return on investment (ROI) from your emails, and more
- A/B testing to help you test different emails with real-time data
Pricing: Plans start at $20/month and are based on the number of contacts your need.
Sendinblue is email and SMS software for businesses. When you sync your Shopify store with Sendinblue, you’ll be able to run targeted Shopify marketing campaigns back to high converting landing pages.
Sendinblue’s Shopify add-on lets you rely on audience segmentation to organize your list based on purchase history.
With Sendinblue, you can also create subscription forms to help grow your contact list.
- Automation rules send emails based on different shop triggers
- Drag and drop builder to design engaging emails
- SMS compatibility to connect with your customers about events like order and shipping notifications
Pricing: Sendinblue offers a limited free plan with its logo on your emails. Paid plans start at $25/month.
Drip is a powerful marketing tool that connects to Shopify, where you can automate your email sequences and workflows.
Drip’s Shopify add-on allows you to easily collect shopper feedback and set up abandoned cart email campaigns. You can view which emails are driving the most Shopify sales from the dashboard.
And Drip lets you dig into the detail. For example, you can drill down into revenue per person for each email.
- Pre-built eCommerce “playbooks” assist you in driving revenue
- Insights that help you find out what works and what doesn’t
- Pre-built segments update in real-time to target specific people
Pricing: Email-only plans start at $19/month for up to 500 contacts. To add SMS functionality, prices start at $22/month.
Omnisend is an email marketing and SMS provider. It provides your Shopify store with easy-to-use marketing tools designed to increase your sales while saving your time.
With Omnisend, you can create pre-built workflows that run on autopilot. This allows you to continue to drive sales, even while you sleep!
You’ll also be able to refine these workflows with organized contact lists by segmenting your audience.
- One-click Shopify integration to make getting started a breeze
- SMS compatibility to stay connected with your customers
- Website tracking helps you understand visitors and their buying intentions
Pricing: The email-only plan with up to 250 contacts and 500 emails/month is free. To unlock more emails, contacts, and SMS, plans start at $16/month.
11. Shopify Email
Shopify Email is a great way to get started with email marketing for your Shopify store.
It provides you with ready-made email templates, lets you manage your email campaigns, and sends them from YOUR domain.
While it may not be a full-on marketing tool, it’s an excellent way to keep your customers informed about your products and nurture potential leads.
- Pre-built templates make the design process simple
- Manage email campaigns from directly within Shopify
- This tool automatically pulls in branding, products, and prices from your store directly to your emails
Pricing: With Shopify email, the first 2,500 emails/month are free. After that, you’ll pay $1 for every 1,000 emails sent.
Best Shopify Apps for Marketing
The best Shopify marketing apps help you create engaging content that improves your visibility and brand reputation online. From keeping customers happy and engaged to optimizing your store for search engines, these are the best Shopify apps for marketing.
12. Candy Rack
Candy Rack is one of the must-have Shopify apps for upsells and cross-sells. And, if you’re not upselling or cross-selling your customers, you’re leaving money on the table.
Upsells are offered via a non-intrusive popup on the product page after the shopper clicks on the Add to Cart button. The popup uses a tree layout, so each upsell or cross-sell looks like an add-on to the parent product.
Besides the unique approach to offer upsells, Candy Rack also provides extra features like upsells, auto-upsells, and design/messaging customization.
- Optimized for mobile devices to match consumer demand for mobile shopping
- Streamlined to minimize loading times and ensure a smooth user experience
- Pre-made templates make the design process smooth and stress-free
Pricing: Candy Rack starts at $29.99/month for the Basic Shopify plan. It increases based on the Shopify plan you have.
13. Referral Candy
Did you know that every happy customer will tell nine more? So, if you’re not using referral programs, you’re missing out on sales.
Referral Candy is one of the best Shopify apps to give your customers incentives to refer their friends. You can choose the reward of your choice for unlimited referrals.
The Referral Candy system includes automatic reward delivery and referral reminders, as well as a dashboard where you can track referrals.
- Integration with Google Analytics, Adroll, ReCharge, and more
- Automate your referral program to keep customers happy
- Mobile-first mindset that ensures your emails and pages look great, no matter the device
Pricing: Referral Candy plans start at $49/month. You will also pay a tiered commission rate based on referral sales.
14. Smile.io Rewards
Whether customers stick to one brand or not, loyalty programs can be a huge draw. Customers enjoy engaging with brands and the personalized service and rewards that come with these programs.
With Smile.io, you can offer a loyalty program on your Shopify store to create more loyal customers who boost your bank balance with repeat purchases.
Smile.io lets you issue reward points based on creating accounts, sharing products on social media, following your brand, and more.
- Fully customizable designs and programs give you total control over your loyalty programs
- Shopify store integration prompts customers to use their loyalty program rewards and points
- Translations available in English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Germain
Pricing: A free plan is available with Smile.io branding included on assets you use on your Shopify site. Paid plans start at $49/month.
15. Plug in SEO
Plug in SEO is our pick for one of your must-have Shopify apps.
Well, because it helps you find, troubleshoot, and fix search engine optimization (SEO) issues, which means more traffic to your online store.
This app automatically checks for issues with page titles and descriptions, structure, speed, and more. In addition, it includes code snippets you can use to fix any problems yourself.
Learn more tips to rank higher in search results in our Shopify SEO guide.
- Free installation
- Checks for a variety of SEO issues, including titles, meta descriptions, ALT text, broken links, and more
- Provides directions to fix any issues
Pricing: Plug in SEO is free to use for unlimited SEO and speed issue checks. You will need to upgrade to their paid plans for features like automatic SEO improvements and broken link fixes. They start at $20/month.
16. SEO Image Optimizer
Did you know that more than 26% of searches happen on Google Images?
That’s why you need a Shopify app like SEO Image Optimizer. This app includes a one-click install to get you up and running in under 30 seconds.
The Free plan includes everything you need to get your images optimized for search engines: alt-text optimization, unlimited image sync, and even checking new images weekly. With the paid plan, you also get metatag optimization, target keywords for your images, and redirection URLs, so broken links are a thing of the past.
- One-click installation
- Only SEO app built exclusively for Shopify
- AutoPilot feature fixes SEO issues based on customizable rules
Pricing: Paid plans start at $34/month.
17. Create Social Proof From UGC
Create Social Proof From UGC lets you drive sales from Instagram.
This app helps you feature your customers (making them happy) while getting a remarkable kind of social proof called user-generated content at the same time.
When customers tag photos of themselves using your products on Instagram, Social Photos automatically collates them into a gallery. Every photo can then sell products through direct links, driving more sales.
- Compatible with the new Online Store 2.0 themes and Vintage themes
- No limit on the number of uploads
- Fully customizable galleries to match the look and feel of your brand
- Galleries are shoppable, so customers can shop the look
Pricing: Pricing plans start at $15/month.
Pocket is more of a personal content curation tool, but it’s a great Shopify marketing app. After all, you need research for knowledge and inspiration, right?
This browser bookmarklet lets you save content quickly and tag it to easily find it later. You can save to Pocket from your computer and view your saves from any device.
It’s an excellent way to keep a stash of content on your favorite topics, and you can get it for free.
- Stores pages so that even if it is taken down, you still have a copy in Pocket
- Browser integration to store items to your library with one click
- Audio playback function so you can listen to articles.
Pricing: Pocket is free to use. But, if you want an ad-free customer experience, that’ll run you $4.99/month (or save 25% and get a year at $44.99).
Best Shopify Apps for Sales Channels
Once you have marketing and promotions all set, it’s time to get the best sale apps for your Shopify store.
19. Facebook Channel
While email marketing is more effective than social media at driving sales, social media is still a vital referral source for online stores.
That’s why Facebook Channel makes our list of the best Shopify apps to increase sales. It lets you use your Facebook presence to drive sales, setting a Facebook store up in just a few clicks.
Check out our guide to getting traffic from Facebook to get even more sales from your Shopify store.
- You only need to connect your accounts once, and all your Shopify products will sync to your Facebook catalog
- Customizable online storefront
- Advertise with both free and paid ads
Pricing: Facebook Channel is free to install. If you run a paid campaign, it is billed to your Facebook ad account.
20. Messenger Channel
With the growth of messaging apps and smart speakers, conversational commerce continues to grow at a rapid pace. Take advantage of this trend with the Messenger sales channel app for Shopify.
With this Shopify app connected to your online store and Facebook, you can add a “message us” button to your online store. That way, you can have real-time conversations with your customers.
Shoppers can also browse products, make purchases, and receive automated order messages from Messenger chat.
- Sell products directly from Messenger chats
- Automatically send updates directly to chat
- Fulfill Messenger order from Shopify
- Track Facebook sales
Pricing: This is a FREE Shopify app.
21. Recart FB Messenger Marketing
Recart FB Messenger Marketing makes it easy to grow your Messenger audience. It claims to convert visitors into subscribers at a 5-14% conversion rate.
With Recart’s Smart Display feature, you can show it only to users that are logged in, making the one-click Facebook Messenger opt-in always available.
Recart offers an extensive collection of automated campaigns for Messenger, including abandoned cart reminders, shipping notifications, welcome messages, and order receipts.
- Optin tools to grow your Messenger, SMS, and email lists
- Automated customer engagement to send relevant offers to your lists
- Drag and drop flow editors let you create marketing automation quickly and easily
Pricing: This Shopify app has a 28-day free trial, and pricing starts at $29/month. A word of caution: pricing scales as attributed sales grow, so the more money you make with the app, the more you’re going to pay.
22. Buy Button Channel
The Buy Button sales channel app is simple but effective. You can use it to create a customized buy button that you can put anywhere to let shoppers purchase with a click.
You can change the button colors to match your brand, create custom checkout links for any product, and update details on your product pages from Shopify. All of this can be done without editing any code on your eCommerce store or blog.
With the Buy Button, you can fulfill orders made with both the buttons and just the custom checkout links. And, you can track sales using your Home sales overview and Analytics pages.
- Link your Shopify store with any website so you can promote your products anywhere
- Fully customizable to keep your brand look consistent
- Integrates with popular website platforms like WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, and Weebly
Pricing: The Basic Shopify plan starts at $29/month.
Instafeed helps you keep your store content fresh, using your Instagram content to automatically drive fresh content to your store.
You can show off your Instagram content the way you want, making it blend seamlessly with your store’s design.
This Shopify app includes image and video support, automatic Instagram feed updates, and it’s fully responsive and lightweight.
- Helps boost your Instagram following by sending your Shopify shoppers there
- Keeps your store fresh by driving fresh content to your store
- Integrates with IGTV
Pricing: There’s a free version of Instafeed and two paid versions. The Pro plan is $4.99/month, and the Plus plan is $19.99/month.
ReConvert is an upsell and cross-sell app that you can use to increase your customer’s average order value (AOV).
It allows you to quickly and easily create targeted landing pages for featured products and lets customers make additional purchases at the click of a button.
Plus, you’ll have a robust analytics dashboard that you can use to make sure you’re never leaving any sales on the table.
- Variety of widgets to help with everything from cross-sells and upsells, order tracking, and reorder buttons
- Drag and drop page builder
- Trigger-based pages so you upsell the right people
Pricing: ReConvert is free for up to 49 orders/month. Paid plans start at $7.99/month.
Best Apps for Shopify Customer Service
Next, let’s look at the top apps for customer service.
25. Facebook Live Chat
Live chat has become an important customer service and customer feedback tool. Recent surveys say that offering live chat has positively affected sales, revenue, and customer loyalty.
And with more than 2 billion users, Facebook is one of the best social media sites to connect with your customers.
The Facebook Live Chat Shopify app lets you support your customers on your Shopify site by using Facebook Messenger for customer service. The app integrates with other social sites and features a user-friendly, responsive design.
- No coding needed to launch
- Mobile-friendly design
- Asynchronous loading so your site isn’t slowed down
Pricing: Packages start at $9.09/month for 5,000 website visits per month.
26. One Click Social Login
The easier you make it for customers to create accounts, the sooner you can offer them the right products and make sales.
One Click Social Login lets your customers create accounts on your Shopify store by logging in with their existing social media credentials. Supported platforms include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Amazon, and many more.
There’s also an admin panel so you can easily configure the settings to streamline and customer the user experience on your site.
- One-click signup to your Shopify store for visitors
- Automatic installation with an option to insert the code into your store yourself
- Customizable login popups
Pricing: One Click Social Login starts at $2.99 per month.
Yotpo consistently ranks among the best apps to increase sales because it helps you get more product reviews to drive purchases from social proof.
This app lets you easily send out requests for customer reviews and showcase reviews in widgets and store tabs. In addition, you can moderate all reviews received and can also use Yotpo to get social media traffic to your store.
Yotpo will also publish reviews and let you comment on them to keep your customers engaged. If you get a negative review, it will be flagged so you can get that handled right away.
- Single-click installation
- AI-powered feedback that shows where you can improve the customer experience
- Scaleable platform, so it grows as your Shopify store does
Pricing: Yotpo is free for up to 50 monthly orders. As the number of orders frow, you will need to pay for Yotpo. Prices start at $15/month.
28. Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards
We’ve included Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards, even though there are both rewards apps already on the list because it has so many integrations. It works with Facebook, Hubspot, Twitter, Mailchimp, Drip, Omnisend, and more.
A single platform approach towards building brand loyalty increases the happiness of your customers. You can also launch paid memberships, similar to Amazon Prime, including exclusive benefits for your customers.
All in all that equals satisfied and engaged shoppers. Now, that’s what we call customer service!
- Email and social media integration
- No-code required builders
- Officially partnered with Shopify
Pricing: As with other Shopify plugins, there is a free tier for stores with fewer than 100 monthly orders. Paid plans start at $29/month. There is an additional cost for every order after 200 orders for the month.
29. Wishlist Plus
Wishlists are a great way to learn more about what your customers want, so you can connect with them to make more sales. Wishlist Plus lets you collect information about customer preferences, and they don’t even have to be logged in.
This app integrates with your Shopify store and enables you to keep track of items and engagement within a dashboard.
Wishlist Plus is a hassle-free way for customers to store their desired purchases and even share those with others.
- Wishlist syncs across devices to make the customer experience more convenient
- Mobile optimized
- Integrates with popular email providers
- Smart, intuitive dashboard to give you metrics on wishlist activities for your Shopify store
Pricing: Wishlist Plus is free for up to 100 items, then plans range from $14.99 to $99.99 per month.
Accessibly is a helpful widget that keeps your site compliant with ADA and WCAG guidelines.
It’s fully customizable, works across devices (mobile, desktop, and tablets), and simply handles “all the legal stuff” that your website needs to be accessible.
This is a great feature to use across any eCommerce store, as it demonstrates your commitment to inclusion and your dedication to customer service.
- Keep your site WCAG/ADA compliant
- Choose from 6 different languages to display the widget on your site
- Accessibility Statement template
Pricing: The pricing plans start at $5/month.
Best Shopify Apps for Products and Inventory
This category includes apps to help you manage your product catalog, plus the before and after shipping periods.
Spocket is a dropshipping marketplace that’s easy-to-use, quick, and updated regularly. It offers fast shipping of hundreds of thousands of products from more than 20,000 reliable suppliers.
With Spocket, you get one-click order fulfillment, flat-rate shipping, and real-time order tracking, all big-time customer pleasers!
And, in the rare event that something does go wrong, Spocket has a dedicated support team that is ready to help you get it resolved quickly and painlessly.
- Samples are available so you can test out the products before selling them
- Syncs with Shopify for one-click order fulfillment
- 80% of suppliers are based in the US or Europe for quicker and more reliable shipments
Pricing: Browsing Spocket’s catalog doesn’t cost you anything. You can get started with 25 unique products for $24.99/month.
If you want a Shopify store without the need to warehouse your own products, Printful can help.
This app provides print-on-demand designs for T-shirts, bags, mugs, and almost anything else that can be printed. They’ve even got designers who’ll help you create the most appealing products.
Once they’re ready, just take orders from your store, and Printful will send them out. No need to manage inventory or print shipping labels. It’s a great way to make sales with no hassle.
- On-demand production of products keep costs down making the whole process environmentally responsible
- Printful provides mockup images and product videos for listing on Shopify store
- Free Design Maker allows you to create print and embroidery designs on 309 products
Pricing: A subscription fee starts at $29/month. Printful also takes a percentage of the sale as a transaction fee.
Oberlo offers a similar service to Printful by letting you add products to your store and dropshipping them straight to your customers.
But with this app, you’re not limited to items that can be printed. Instead, you can choose products from AliExpress and the Oberlo Marketplace. Oberlo also offers automatic order fulfillment and inventory management.
To get more from Oberlo products, check out our tips on skyrocketing your eCommerce sales with email marketing.
- No paying for inventory until your customer pays you
- Available in 6 languages
- Inventory and prices update in real-time
Pricing: Oberlo does offer a free plan, but their website isn’t clear on what all is entailed. Paid plans start at $29.90/month.
34. AfterShip Returns Center
Sometimes your customers will want to return a product, but managing the process can be painful. AfterShip makes managing product returns easy.
It gives you a branded returns center that lets customers submit returns in a couple of clicks. Later, it’ll automatically inform them of the status of their returns and any refunds.
This is definitely a must-have Shopify app, and it’s free for 5 returns per month. Paid plans start at $9 per month.
- Expedited return shipping with over 12 different couriers like UPS and USPS
- Provides timely return and refund status updated through email
- Customize rules to flag items as non-returnable
Pricing: AfterShip’s free plan gives you 3 returns a month. Paid plans that give you at least 20 returns per month start at $9.00/month.
35. Catalog Maker
A product catalog is a great way to show off your product images and boost sales, but how do you create one? Catalog Maker is an incredibly easy tool that helps you quickly create professional-looking catalogs from your Shopify collections.
You can also use drag and drop editing to create a catalog with one of the app’s templates.
In addition to catalogs, you can create invoices, receipts, product recommendations, and even thank-you notes.
- DIY Catalog Maker editor makes creating your own catalog simple
- AI engine allows you to chat with your customers from inside your e-catalog
- Support for different currencies
Pricing: The Essential plan will give you access to up to 500 pages and 45 + templates for $25/month.
36. Pre-Order Manager
When you generate buzz with your seasonal or holiday email marketing, it’s helpful to let people pre-order items from your store. And pre-orders are a great way to figure out which products are most likely to succeed.
Pre-Order Manager lets you take advance orders from visitors to your store with a pre-order button for out-of-stock items.
You can edit button text, change the setting by location, and even turn pre-orders on and off storewide. You can also limit the number of available pre-orders for any product.
- Works out of the box for the majority of themes with no customization needed
- Easy to use dashboard lets you search and filter products so you can edit settings in bulk
- Pre-order analytics
Pricing: Pricing for Pre-Order Manager starts at $24.95/month.
37. Back in Stock
Sold out of your best products? With Back in Stock, you don’t need to lose sales.
Our last app in the list of best Shopify apps lets your customers sign up to be notified when a product they want is back in your store. Once it is, they get an automatic email notification.
This easy-to-install app also helps you understand which products are most popular so you can manage stock levels. You can also customize any aspect of the app to meet your needs.
- Customers are instantly notified when products they want are back in stock
- Customizable optin forms and buttons to seamlessly match your brand
- Comprehensive admin dashboard and reports
Pricing: Back in Stock starts at $19/month for 100 notifications.
Best Shopify Apps for Payment Plans
Our last category includes Shopify apps that help you get set up to accept recurring and partial payments. This means that you can let shoppers spread out payments on high-ticket items or set up recurring payments for subscription services.
38. Partial.ly Payment Plans
Partial.ly gives shoppers the option to complete their purchase using standard checkout or Partial.ly payment plans.
If they opt for Partial.ly, the order automatically gets added to your Shopify admin once they enter their payment details, and all future payments are timed and automated.
As the store owner, you have complete control over the fee, down payment, term, and payment frequency. You can also allow shoppers to set up automated or manual payment plans.
- Stripe integration
- Available in 25 countries with support for over 135+ Global currencies
- Industry-leading encryption and security for customers’ payment information
- Merchant portal so you can easily view and manage payment plans and process payments
Pricing: Partial.ly charge 5% + $0.30 per transaction.
39. PayWhirl Recurring Payments
With PayWhirl Recurring Payments, your customers will be able to manage their own account details, update their payment information, add or remove payment plans, and purchase subscriptions on their own.
This is essential in saving time for you and reducing friction for your customers.
PayWhirl has a “Build a Box” feature that offers shoppers customizable subscription packages for subscription services, which is a super cool feature. Subscription boxes are HUGE right now, and allowing shoppers to customize their subscription box could be used as an upsell.
- Accepts all major brands of credit cards, as well as debit cards and electronic checks
- Pre-built and customizable templates
- Failed payment management system
- Secure gateway connections that run on SSL meets current PCI-compliant security standards
Pricing: The Shopify app does have a free-to-install version for Stripe; other plans include all payment gateways and start at $49/month and have a 14-day free trial. Successful transaction rates start at 3% and go down to 0.5% as monthly plan costs increase.
40. Recurring Payments
Recurring Payments allows shoppers to buy subscriptions, purchase using payment plans, or pay invoices without login or registration.
For subscription customers without an account who want to cancel, they can do so easily by clicking the unsubscribe link in their subscription confirmation email.
Instead of automatically billing customers, this app allows eCommerce business owners to automatically generate invoices. Then, customers can then pay using whatever method they choose at the time. As a result, there’s no need for customers to remember to make changes or updates to their payment methods in their accounts.
- Portal to let customers manage their own subscriptions
- Cancellation management triggers a questionnaire whenever recurring orders are canceled
- You can use the same care for one-time and subscription purchases
Pricing: Recurring Payments is $19.95/month.
Offset isn’t a Shopify app for payment plans, but it’s just a really neat idea that helps you make Shopify interactions carbon neutral.
Here’s how it works: When customers order a product from your store, this app will calculate the carbon emissions needed to deliver that product. Then you’ll get charged the total value for the carbon emissions that your store caused, and that money will go to replanting trees and saving our forests.
This is a great way to set your brand apart from the competition and show your dedication to creating a world of safe, responsible, and sustainable eCommerce.
- Dashboard to monitor your environmental impact so you can share with your customers
- Attract environmentally-conscious customers that will be happy to support a carbon-neutral store
- Partnered with Pachama and contributes to certified projects that comply with best-in-class carbon offset protocols and standards
Pricing: $3.60 per metric tonne of estimated CO2 emissions from shipping. Typically $0.005 to $0.10 per order.
Now that we’ve seen 41 must-have Shopify apps let’s look at some general guidelines for selecting the right one for YOUR unique needs.
What to Look for in a Shopify App
There is no shortage of Shopify apps. In fact, there are over 3,000!
But what should you look for in a Shopify app?
There are 4 main qualities each app should have:
- Ease of Use: Why invest in an app if you can’t use it? Make sure the app is dummy-proof and can be easily used.
- Efficiency: If you are looking for an app, you’re presumably trying to solve marketing or sales problems. So make sure your app does this in the most efficient way possible.
- Affordability: Price is the main factor in almost any purchase. Weigh the cost of the app against the potential rewards (many of these tools can pay for themselves when used correctly!)
- Support: Lastly, make sure the app is regularly updated and has a support team. That way, you’re never left feeling “stuck” as you troubleshoot any pesky problems.
These are the main qualities you should be looking for when choosing any tool to grow your Shopify store.
And that’s all for today! These have been 41 of the best Shopify apps to increase conversions and profits right now!
Want a jumpstart? Click below to begin your 100% risk-free OptinMonster account and start generating more leads from your Shopify store:
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
We hope you enjoyed this post. If you did, then you’ll definitely want to check out the following resources:
- How to Run a Successful Email Marketing Campaign
- Promotional Email Examples (& How to Write Your Own)
- How to Reduce Cart Abandonment in Shopify
These articles will have even more information on how you can increase your Shopify store’s growth today.
Thanks for reading this article – I hope you found it helpful.
I wanted to let you know about our powerful Exit Intent® technology that converts abandoning website visitors into email subscribers and customers. Typically 70% of the people who visit your website will leave and never return, meaning all those marketing efforts to reach them have gone to waste.
OptinMonster’s Exit Intent® technology detects user behavior and prompts them with a targeted campaign at the precise moment they are about to leave.
You can unlock this powerful technology 100% free when you purchase our OptinMonster Pro plan.
Get started with OptinMonster today and see why 1,000,000+ choose OptinMonster to get more subscribers and customers.
President of OptinMonster
This blog is really informative, it’s helped me to learn more about sales increasing. Keep the work.
I found your blog very interesting and very informative and I would like to add one more app and i.e., Size chart which is used in all fashion stores and buyers will also get confidence for buying that particular product and can easily continue his/her shopping. This will also lead to increase your conversion.
This blog post is just super amazing. It has simplified everything shopify. I have used a few shopify apps such as the social review app, the SEO doctor & the RetailTower app and they have been very useful.
Great list I must say, one genre which is missing from this list is image optimization, for which I have found the imageprime.co is the best one by far, super easy and to the point application.
I agree with Charles, great list and definitely helps in narrowing down the options. I also miss a selection of best apps to get you connected to marketplaces. I use Channable and would recommend. It’s not free but it’s pretty cheap and includes an order sync with Amazon.
We actually use 2 apps from this list already, but you forgot to mention a must have app for order tracking.
Our customers won’t stop asking about their package, so it will allow them to lookup their delivery status from our store.
Our store currently uses the ‘Better Tracking’ app, it really does the job and it’s cheap compared to the other apps.
hi Jacinda Santora, Nice information about Shopify. I love Shopify because its seo friendly and user friendly.
Great list, thanks, Jacinda! I’d add FraudBlock to that list. It automatically cancels all ‘high risk’ orders, which is a major relief for us, as we sometimes get 4 or 5 fraudulent orders per day and it was so annoying to have to manually cancel, refund, and restock each of them.
Thanks for the tip, Sandro. We’ll check it out!
You guys! Thank you so much for this article I learned so much from it and it gave me the confidence to mogen forward with setting up my Shopify store.
Thank you guys!
Hey Sara, thanks for reading and we’re so happy it helped you move forward with your online store! 🙂